I am not going to lie...I may have created the best freaking HOLIDAY dish ever that will be an annual staple anywhere I go...I am making this every year, and my husband already told me that "I was on a baked potato duty each year from now on". So that tells you something right there, because he is a picky guy and does not get the whole "vegan" thing at all. And I personally am not vegan either, but love me a lot of plant-based options for sure!
So this is my own creation of the BEST vegan baked potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, or any special occasion, really...because it is DELICIOUS! Nobody at the table could tell it was vegan either, so I tricked them all:)
I did not want a traditional baked sweet potato option, so I added my own extra's and did substitutions that worked for my diet preference...NO dairy that is! Ha!
- 2 lbs organic yams (about 4), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup hot coconut milk (or any other nut milk)
- 4oz vegan cream cheese (I used plain organic Miyoko's Cream Cheese, which is cashew based), cubed and softened
- 1 TBsp organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1 TBsp organic cinnamon sugar
- 10oz vegan mini marshmallows (I used a whole bag of DANDIES All Natural Vegan Vanilla Marshmallows)
Heat oven to 350°F.
Cook potatoes in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until tender; drain.
Mash potatoes. Add milk and cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with marshmallows.
Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar and pumpkin spice all over marshmallows.
Bake 20 min. or until heated through. ENJOY!!!!!!!
P.S. If you make this dish, please comment and let me know how you liked it. Feel free to share on socials also, because #SharingIsCaring.